Following on from the success of our Gold collection comes Gold & Grey; a new swathe of contemporary designs with added tones of charcoal and slate. All in our softest Merino Lambswool quality, Gold & Grey’s latest series includes textured Houndstooth, Geometric Rectangle and full throw Harlequin & Harley Stripe patterns.
These throw blankets are a much sought after item and once you have the pleasure of owning one, you will treasure it for a lifetime. It also makes a perfect gift item for every occasion.
- Wool has natural elasticity, is flame retardant, breathable and hypoallergenic
- This product is manufactured by Abraham Moon & Sons Ltd who have been producing quality wool products at their mill in Yorkshire, England since 1837. This is one of the last remaining vertical mills in England and it has been operating since the end of the Industrial Revolution. They are World Leaders in dyeing, spinning, weaving, blending and finishing, producing beautiful products that you can cherish for a lifetime.
- Approximate size including fringe 55"W x 72"L
MORE ABOUT WOOL
- 100% Merino Lambswool is an ultrafine wool from the Merino species of sheep. Taken from the first shearing of the lamb when it is typically around seven months old Merino wool is much finer than many other species from 15-20 microns (a human hair is around 40 microns). This is why the Merino Lambswool makes for a super-soft luxurious feel, ideal for scarves, throws and other items worn close to the skin.
- Natural Elasticity - Wool has a unique crimp providing it with natural elasticity, allowing fabrics to return to their natural shape and be able to better resist wrinkles and creasing.
- Flame Retardant - The high nitrogen and water content make wool a naturally fire retardant fibre which is hard to ignite. Wool does not melt or drip which is why the fibre is a natural choice for protective clothing.
Breathable - Wool can easily absorb up to 30% of its weight without feeling damp or clammy. The ability of wool to absorb moisture makes it comfortable in both warm and cold conditions. By absorbing perspiration, wool enhances the body's owl cooling system and helps keep the skin dry. This characteristic make wool a versatile all-season fabric.
- Hypoallergenic - Wool is resistant to bacteria, mold and mildew that can trigger allergic reactions in people. Wool also has microscopic pores that respond effectively to changes in humidity making it unfavorable for the growth and breeding of the house dust mite whose allergens are one of the triggers for asthma attacks.